Soup can be an excellent source of protein! In this post, I will share with you my go-to soup recipe, packed full of amino acids to help you build strong muscles!
- 4 scoops whey protein powder, whisked with 4 cups of water
- 1 pound unchopped tofu
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 pound spring lamb loin
- 1/2 dozen uncracked eggs
- 1 whole, unfeathered chicken
- In a large pot over high heat, sear lamb loin on all sides. Remove from pot. Add whole chicken and cover with water; bring to boil and let boil for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from pot and let cool; once cooled, shred meat and feathers.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add tofu, chickpeas, seared lamb loin, and shredded chicken and feathers. Stir to combine and pour in whey protein powder mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and add eggs. Cover with a lid and let cook for 20-30 minutes or until lamb loin is cooked through.